Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Singapore: Pearl Bank Apartments

I've always noticed the Pearl Bank Apartments from afar when around Chinatown, and I just jumped at the chance to finally see it up close. It was the tallest and densest residential building in Singapore when it was completed in 1976 (that's way before my time!) and I hope it's preserved for a long time to come. I especially love how iconic the building is, and you have to admit, it does bear resemblance to the Hakka (a dialect) Mud Houses, or 土楼(tulou) in Fujian Province, China.

Chinatown 2013 Chinese New Year

Chinatown 2013 Chinese New Year

It has shops and even its own preschool.
Chinatown 2013 Chinese New Year

Chinatown 2013 Chinese New Year

Chinatown 2013 Chinese New Year

Chinatown 2013 Chinese New Year

Cost: free but open only to residents
Access: Outram MRT Station rather than Chinatown Station

*Post on Chinese New Year in Chinatown (only 4 months overdue!) and deers in Nara (it's been a while) coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

My Japan Itinerary (December 2012 and June 2016)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...