Thursday, October 16, 2014

Taipei, Taiwan - Taipei 1

Major trips like Taiwan, China, Vietnam to go ...

I was away in Taiwan from 6 - 24 December 2011, some parts with my mom and some parts alone (part of the deal). So slowly I'm coming clean about how I travel solo sometimes. I guess it's more acceptable as I grow older, and it's also harder to find likeable travel companions, which is not a valid reason for me not to travel. I must say there are perks and downsides to traveling in a group or alone, so savour both and be discerning.

I've been to Taipei 3 times during the trip, I think the route I took was:

Airport (Taoyuan) -> Taipei -> Hualien -> Ruifang -> Taipei -> Puli (Taichung) -> Kaoshiung -> Kenting -> Taipei

I'm still quite confused between towns, provinces and cities, because I'm not really good at it, afterall Singapore City is in Singapore country (so simple!).

Some things to note: 1. Do get the youth travel pass for discounts at the airport 2. Bring 2 pieces of identification if you want to buy a local SIM card 3. Bring a notebook around to collect chops at various attractions (I didn't! :( Likewise in Japan) 4. A motorbike license will be useful! 5. Some things I really wanted to do but missed - visit Green Island, white water rafting, river tracing, paragliding, mainly because it wasn't the peak tourist reason. Next time?

Taipei for the first night at Keyman Hotel (WHY am I paying so much for a rock-hard bed?) :


Budget air or not, the sky's still just as beautiful and limitless!



First meal at Taipei Train Station and first cup of ShareTea (sucks)


My Angry Bird travelled from SG to TPE with us



At Tien Hou Temple


The way Taiwanese draw lots are markedly different. Their lots are huge. They just twirl the divination lots, choose one, then 'pua puay' to see if it's yes or no. If yes, then they proceed to decipher the lot, if no then repeat until yes! My mom.. 'don't want la... you better don't do' then she DID it. -____-'' But it was so vague and open to interpretation!


Hwa Si Night Market just round the corner. Nothing much except for old people's food and massages.
Did I mention how different their romanised Chinese is from Han Yu Pin Yin? It's practically ALIEN.

Off to XMD:


Ah Zong Mian Xian. Didn't like it. You know I don't eat innards~ Liked the noodles though but we couldn't finish it especially since there were no tables. I asked the policeman where was the shop, it was embarrassing because we were just steps away. >.<

 

Green Tea Mochi. Not BOOMZ.


Flamboyant Fruit juice


THE Risotto Dog. I wanted to try this stal! (Not the dog) Love how dog-friendly XMD is.


Arts appreciation knows no bounds!

THE NEXT DAY (so SBSP!)

I <3 Train Travels!


Waiting at the train station (if I was alone, I'd probably be late, haha):



What keeps us going:


Bottled milk tea also tastes so good! I brought the bottle home, now where is it?

Queued up for Train Bento (so-so, don't like soggy food, and they sold it on the train too (along with other stuff)) and Cheesecake (why was the queue for the cake (there are many stalls at the Train Station, love it!) so ridiculously long??)



A really rare one of us :)


Taiwan Day 14 - Taipei, Day 4: 
Taiwan Day 16 - Taipei, Day 6: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

My Japan Itinerary (December 2012 and June 2016)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...