Saturday, September 26, 2015

London, England: Catching a Play or Musical on the West End


What's a London experience without catching a musical (or play) on West End? Well, even with a limited budget, you can catch a play, like me.

Before leaving for my Warner Brothers Studio Tour outside the city, I dropped by the TKTS Clock Tower in Leicester Square. There was a long queue, but honestly, I don't feel there's a big bargain on ticket prices, at least not for what I got.

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

The cheapest tickets on sale is for The Mousetrap. For a moment there I was confused with the movie, The Parent Trap, starring Lindsay Lohan, but it turns out to be based on a mystery story by Agatha Christie. And I love her books! 

  The Mousetrap is celebrating the 63rd year of a record breaking run during which over 25,000 performances have been given. It is quite simply a great piece of theatrical history because of what it is, a whodunit written by the greatest crime writer of all time. 


London Day 2

And here's the St Martin's Theatre, "which has staged the production of The Mousetrap since March 1974, making it the longest continuous run of any show in the world" (Credits to Wikipedia).

  London Day 2

No photography was allowed, but here's one I sneaked of the theatre stage, only to show how steep and far away I was!


I wouldn't spoil the story for you, but it's typical Agatha Christie-style. By the way, the world has voted and the World's favourite Christie is...


Time to (re-)read that book!

I'm interested in The Lion King! If you do know how to get discount tickets for them on the West End or Broadway, please let me know!

Leicester Square area is pretty near Trafalgar Square, named after the Battle of Trafalgar, in which the British Navy defeated France and Spain off the coast of Cape Trafalgar, Spain in 1805. The square is a public space for events, in fact, it was Brazil Day when I visited.

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

London Day 2

West End, London



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

My Japan Itinerary (December 2012 and June 2016)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...