Sunday, January 28, 2018

Kobe, Japan: Arima Onsen

Kobe

I love Japan for the authentic-ness of its onsen. Arima in Kobe is perfect as a day trip from Osaka, I used the Kansai 3-day pass to get there. They have gold and silver baths and they are within walking distance from each other and from the train station. 

The bath houses are nothing fancy - they are small, with modern facilities and not at all crowded or touristy - perfect for me! I met a Chinese tourist in one of the bath houses and she could tell I was a tourist and apparently, she has been coming here for a soak for several consecutive days and she says her skin is super smooth. I believe her, but for long term effects - we need to soak regularly for longer - so, we really need to retire to Japan. Taiwan is up for consideration too. Afterall, the Japanese did bring the onsen culture there (in addition to many others).

Kobe

Kobe

Kobe

Kobe

Fly out beware.

Kobe

Kin-no Yu Spa (Gold) - 150 m, 2 min
Gin-no Yu Spa (Silver) - 450 m, 6 min

Kobe

Kobe

Kobe


Kobe

Kobe

Kobe

Kobe

Kobe

Kobe

2 baths for 850 yen and 3 baths for 1000 yen. I definitely went to bath Gold and Silver onsens, but I can't recall if I soaked at both.... I think I would have, but honestly, I don't recall with 100% confidence (it's highly probable I wouldn't miss out on both). If I revisit Arima, I will find out if they are familiar. 

Kobe

Kobe

Kobe

Kobe

The foot soak and water fountain is free, but I need a full body soak!

Kobe

Kobe

Kobe

No littering is understood, but no smoking outdoors? 

Thanks to the Pass that got me everywhere (for 3 non-consecutive days).

Kobe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

My Japan Itinerary (December 2012 and June 2016)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...